Saturday, May 9, 2009

Painful, nothing like what I thought it would be.

Ok well my tummy is not he prettiest out there, but it looks really bad right now. Lets begin with the fact that I started having gall stone attacks about 6 years ago. When I was pregnant with my first daughter I had my first, but at the time they didnt diagnose me right. I went in over and over for what I thought was acid reflux and back pains. I was given muscle relaxers, to tums, to zantac. For about a year just trying to get by with the pain. I would find myself during some attacks on the bathroom floor from the vomiting and pain. And one day it was gone. Fast forward 4 years and I am pregnant with my youngest daughter, I am awoken in the night with pains that I was for sure that something was wrong with the baby. As the vomiting started and the pain grew more intense, I call my obgyn. The on call Dr. says that it is just acid to go to the store and get some medicine and ginger ale. After vomiting 10 more times in about 5 hours I call again and I am told if I am uncomfortable go to the emergency room. So its 2am and off I go driving myself 5 months pregnant to the emergency room. After waiting for 2 hours and vomiting 3 more times, they finally get me in. Funny how after a few questions I am told I have classic Gall Stone Attack symptoms. They did an ultra sound and sure enough I have gall stones. The only thing is they cant do anything about it while I am pregnant. I changed my eating habits to a very low fat almost no fat diet for the rest of my pregnancy. Attacks got few and far between. I left it alone, until recently as I was having an attack every other week. And the pain was more and more intense. I finally had the surgery on the 7th. I have never been put under and it was very scary for me to drive myself there and wait in that waiting room. I was so strong until they put me on the table and I just broke down into a million tears. The last thing I remember is asking, "will I wake up for sure". I did wake up and in a lot of pain. I think that I am in more pain now then from my 3 C-sections. I have not slept a full night since and I am taking my pain medicine, but It puts me to sleep. Someone has to be awake with the kids. And the worst part is that I can lift more then 10 pounds for 3 weeks. My bag of sugar is 10 pounds. And my 2 year old does not understand why mommy cant pick her up all of the sudden.  I have had a rough day today trying to get around, get the house cleaning done to the best of my ability. I know that they pump a bunch of air into my stomach, but I feel 7 months pregnant and full of gas. I am just hoping in the long run these 4 small incisions on my tummy will be all worth it. Oh by the way, dont mind the stretch marks lol I know they are bad.

3 comments:

  1. OMG... you drove yourself to have surgery? Did you drive yourself home after anesthsia as well?? And now you're taking care of all the kids the very next day with no help? I feel so bad for you. Where are your hubby and family and friends?

    Actually I would probably be in the same position myself... but I think I would insist on my hubby driving me to have the surgery and taking the next day off work. But then again... who would watch my lil one while we were at the hospital.... gawd I hope I stay healthy!

    Take care of yourself... and let the housework go for a few days... believe me it will still be there when you feel more up to it! Snuggle up on the couch with the lil ones and read some books and watch some kid shows.

    Get better soon!

    ~A lil Enchanted~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you poor thing my heart went out to you reading this..

    ReplyDelete