Sunday, April 26, 2009

To Quit or Not to Quit

Just a little bit about my weekend as it unfolds. I had to have oral surgery yesterday and had 2 teeth completely removed. I have to say that I dread and hate the dentist, but 8 years of not going and then having 4 kids in that time, I ended up with two broken teeth beyond repair. SO they took them out. I had my wisdom teeth out 8 years ago and think of it being so easy, I had a class that night and was up and around no problem and then it was 4 teeth not 2. Well Let me tell you this is not fun and I am in more pain then I can remember before. I am taking my motrin, but it makes me sleepy so I have to space it out really far so that I can still get my day done and do what the kids need. Well the next thing is no smoking for 7 days. Now that is not too bad, I have quit cold turkey with each of my pregnancies and 7 days is not much. But here is my issue, on May 7 th I have surgery to have my gall bladder removed, so that is just 6 days after I get the ok to smoke again, I am thinking that I just try and muscle it out and get through the gall bladder surgery and recover from that and then decide what to do. I know that it seems silly if I can go that long without smoking why not quit, but my issue is that I have motive as I did with my pregnanices, but then again I was just told 2 weeks ago that my grandmother has stage 4 cancer and has less then 6 months to live. I dont know things just keep going through my mind and I dont know what to do. I could use some opinions and help.... if you have a comment please do. Between all of this and my power being shut off for 2 days and the things I had to go through to get it back and the empty fridges because of the power, i need some fresh set of opinions in my life right now. So please comment I love to hear them.... PS I thought that I would say that I only smoke at home and outside, I never take them with me when I leave the house. I smoke in my backyard away from the kids. So I have been thinking, it should be easy. But I have to really want it in order to. Thank you for the comments so far.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for all you have going on right now, but QUIT. Draw on the strength you will need to get through everything else. Quitting is one of the hardest things, but when you weigh up everything else in your life right now, it really isn't that big if you know what I mean. I quit about 10 years ago. It was hard, but I went cold turkey and didn't look back. Sure there were days that were harder than others, but I kept myself away from other people who were smoking for a couple of weeks and that definitely helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's kind of hard for me to give any suggestions, since I've never smoked before. I definitely think it would be great if you could quit. My dad smoked all my growing up years, and it was horrible. I always felt I was choking when we drove somewhere and he would light up in the car. I hope you can do it. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started on Chantix. I'm on day 4 and I already am feeling a lot less like smoking. I really want to quit before my kids pick up the habit.
    http://www.myhouseholdjunk.com

    ReplyDelete