Sunday, April 26, 2009

Can't catch a break these days

Last week my power was shut off for days because of a high bill, I had no one to turn to to pay the bill and my husband says that I know the bills I should be paying and that he can not help me. I had to swallow my pride and go to my grandmother that I just found out is dying of cancer to ask her to borrow the money. I had to pay her back, so all my money went to that. Today I got an eviction notice because I have not paid the second half of my rent for this month. So my husband says that he cant take living like this anymore and that he is leaving and will take me to court for custody of my daughter. I dont even know how I will ever come up with the money by the 29th to pay the rent so I dont get kicked out. And then I think that if Iwork hard to get it paid and he leaves anyways, what is the use. I am just at a loss for words and never really post this kind of stuff, but after turning to my family for help with the SDGE and my mother telling me she would not help me and that I should get on welfare I just have no one to talk to and no where to turn. I cant lose my husband and I cant lose my baby, plus I have been with my husband 6 years married only 2 months and my other 3 kids are attached to him. I just dont know what to do. Please pray that I make it through this!

6 comments:

  1. I am praying for you and your family. Please seek help.With that many kids you should be able to get help with no problem.
    You never said what your husband does. Is he working?
    Times are hard for everyone. Good luck.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... I just joined BloggingFans and found your blog so I don't know you but your post touched my heart. My family has been struggling lately as well so I know where you're coming from. I don't know your whole situation but should't your husband be helping with the rent and utilities???... I mean he does live there... right???

    I hope things work out for you. I'm adding your blog to my follow list. Hang in there... everything happens for a reason... even if we don't know at the time we're going through it what exactly that reason is.

    Sounds like your grandmother is a very kind and generous lady... give her lots of love and spend as much time with her as you can while you still have her.

    A Lil Enchanted,
    ~LaShan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been right where you are right now ! I know that it is stressful and hard ! But things always work out ! Have faith and pray they will get better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm visting from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, can I just be honest??

    When you married your husband, the two of you became one. That means there are no "his bills and my bills" they are "our bills." Any man who is not willing to keep his family's necessities paid is a HORRIBLE HUSBAND AND FATHER!

    As for him getting custody...tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine. First, his actions in not helping financially care for his family speaks VOLUMES about his ability to parent. Secondly, being poor is NOT a reason not to be awarded custody of a child.

    I know you are afraid and brokenhearted right now. But please, please do not allow a man to bully you - especially one that isn't worth a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly I came to post what Kim just did. How dare he make you fully responsible? It is HIS family too! I'm sorry you are dealing with this I hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete